In the footsteps of Robert Langdon in the “Inferno” by Dan Brown.
We start from Palazzo Vecchio,
…Dante Alighieri home and church,
……the “Cathedral Complex” with the Baptistery,
………the Cathedral with the crypt and the dome,
…………the Giotto’s Bell tower and the Opera del Duomo Museum
You will feel as though you’re actually walking side by side with novel characters Robert Langdon and Sienna Brooks, experiencing a striking adventure among secret passages, astonishing paintings. As you will discover some of the most striking and famous sights of Florence, this tour is also a must-do if you are not yet a Dan Brown fan.
P.S. Very Comfortable shoes suggested.
The Tour Includes
- Professional Guide
- Duration: 3 hours
- Start Time: 3:00PM
- High Season: from April to October – on Monday, Tuesday, Saturday
- Meeting point / Terminal: Central location in Florence (further details will be provided after booking).
Tour Code TH0009
What Makes this Tour Unique
- Discover the mysterious message “seek and you shall find” and Dante’s death mask
- Moves around Dante’s house and get into the Baptistery
- 24h ticket that remains to the participants for the access to the entire “Cathedral Complex”: the Cathedral with the crypt and the famous Dome, the Giotto Bell Tower and the Opera del Duomo Museum
- Palazzo Vecchio and Baptistery entrance fees
- Earphones are provided for groups of over 15 participants inside the museums.
The Tour follows the path of Robert Langdon in Florence, as read in the latest novel by Dan Brown: Inferno. You will travel through the hectic escape of Robert Langdon in the most beautiful and mysterious monuments of the town, with a professional tour guide.
The tour starts in Palazzo Vecchio, built in 1299 to be the base for the Republic of Florence, and then restored by Vasari for the Grand Duke Cosimo de’ Medici, with the magnificent Salone dei 500: here are the huge frescos by Vasari, with the mysterious message “cerca trova” (seek and you shall find); but also statues representing the most important members of the Medici family and a beautiful statue by Michelangelo.
You will then visit the private apartments of the Grand Duchesse Eleonora, and will see the death mask of Dante Alighieri, to end the visit in the room of the maps, where lies the secret passage used by Langdon to escape from the palazzo. Once out of Palazzo Vecchio, you’ll walk in the same streets as Langdon, noticing the bell tower from where Mr Zobrist suicides to start the book, but also the place where Leonardo da Vinci lived when he painted the Mona Lisa. The tour moves on to see the home of Dante Alighieri and his church, until suddenly you get out of the medieval streets and get overwhelmed by the huge Duomo and his cupola.
The tour will move to the Baptistery, to see the plaque related to the “black death” and the shining gates of paradise, one of the masterpieces of the renaissance, before entering to see the gorgeous mosaic on the ceiling, and all the other works of art inside.