Following the scent of the Great Wines of Tuscany Tasting Tour through the most stunning landscapes of Chianti, Val d’Orcia and Val di Chiana.
Taste & enjoy the most superlative Tuscan Wines: Black Rooster Chianti, Montalcino, Brunello and Montepulciano through the most stunning hilly landscapes of the Chianti, Val d’Orcia and Val di Chiana. Lunch with typical products and wine tasting complete this excursion.
Departure guaranteed with 4 participants only and with a maximum of 8 passengers.
Small Groups – Luxury Day Trip from Florence
The Tour Includes
- English speaking Guide
- Qualified Driver
- Transport in Luxury Minivan
- Guided Wine and Oil Tasting in Chianti
- Guided Wine Tasting and typical Lunch in Montalcino
- Guided Wine Tasting in Montepulciano
- Duration: 11 hours
- Start Time: 08:30AM
- Season: All year round
- When: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
- Pick up and Drop off: at the Hotel if located downtown
- Meeting point / Terminal: Central location in Florence (further details will be provided after booking).
Class Code TH0041
Great Wines of Tuscany Tasting Tour
What Makes this Tour Unique
- Relish following the scent of Chianti wine, driving through the most famous wine districts: the Black Rooster Chianti, Montalcino, Brunello and Montepulciano. You will appreciate the genuine, ancient, farming tradition that produces wine, oil and typical products.
- Visit a historical farmhouse, where you will be served lunch and will eat local products and be guided through a wine – tasting session of Rosso di Montalcino, Brunello and Supertuscan wines.
- You will visit Greve and its historical square flanked by open galleries, Castellina an ancient village perched on a hill with its historical wine – cellars, Monteriggioni a small medieval jewel, Montalcino where you will wander along narrow streets between wineries and craftsmen’s workshops.
- Infant: 0 – 1 years old: 50% discount
- Children: 2 – 8 years old: 30% discount
With Great Wines of Tuscany Tasting Tour you will enter the heart of real Tuscany with medieval villages of incomparable charm, an ancient farming tradition that produces wine, cheese, cold cuts and excellent meat renowned and appreciated all over the world even today. The beauty of the landscape declines harmoniously where nature and the works of man have lived together for centuries in an unbeatable balance.
Through the hilly expanses of the old vineyards and olive groves, which characterize the splendid Chianti territory we reach Greve where we you will enjoy the charm of its historic square flanked by open galleries and wander around the characteristic shops of local handicrafts and the typical Chianti products. We continue with a stop in Castellina, a characteristic ancient hamlet perched on a hill, where we visit a suggestive and historical cellar.
Just outside the village, in one of the most famous vineyards of the area, you will be guided through a tasting of different wines of the Chianti area, extra virgin olive oil on Tuscan bread, vin santo with “cantuccini” locally produced and lavender honey. Proceeding along a panoramic road we can admire the picturesque village of Monteriggioni, a small medieval jewel still surrounded by its ancient walls. Further on, the unmistakable clay landscape clay of the Crete Senesi, a hilly desert territory that rouses unforgettable feelings.
Continuing we reach an area that contrasts incredibly with the Crete territory, immersed in the green Val d’Orcia, UNESCO heritage, a harmonious landscape of hills dotted with cypresses, interrupted by castles, churches, ancient villages of Etruscan origin and farms that accompany the route of the famous “Via Francigena“. Here, in a historic farm, you will be served a guided lunch-tasting of the renowned Rosso di Montalcino, Brunello and Supertuscan wines and a large selection of typical products of the territory and a delicious homemade fruit pie. All this is followed by a visit to the cellars and some leisure time to enjoy the nature.
We then make a stop in the medieval village of Montalcino, with boundary walls enriched with towers, with the imposing fourteenth century fortress that offers one of the most beautiful views onto Val d’Orcia. Moltalcino has also narrow streets with dozens of wineries and artisans’ shops selling products of the territory. Lastly, after a short journey on a panoramic road, we reach Montepulciano, enclosed by fortified walls and perched on a hill 600 metres above sea level between Val d’Orcia and Val di Chiana.The town is renowned for its Noble wine obtained from the surrounding vineyards.
TASTING in CASTELLINA IN CHIANTI
- Tasting of 3 types of Wine
- Olive Oil on Tuscan bread
- Vin Santo with Cantuccini
- Lavender Honey
- Appetizers and bread-sticks
TASTING in MONTALCINO
- Tasting of 3 types of wine: Brunello di Montalcino, Rosso di Montalcino, Super Tuscan
- Two types of crostini
- Toasted bread
- Tuscan bread
- Vegetable Omelette
- Cold cuts