Workshops, Galleries & Churches
The Tour Includes
- Staff Assistance
- Professional Local Guide
- Guided visit
- Depart – Return: 3:00PM – 06:00PM approx.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Availability: From from April to October, on Tuesday and Friday
- Meeting point / Terminal: Central location in Florence (further details will be provided after booking).
Tour Code TH0035
What Makes this Tour Unique
- Discover the people of “Oltrarno” and the craftsmen at work
- Meet a famous Sculptor in the magic of his study
- Admire the only existing Wooden Sculpture of Michelangelo
- Watching craftsmen making exclusive products right before your eyes
Join this tour in one of the most picturesque districts of the town: Oltrarno and meet the people, who still embody the genuine traits of the Florentine character: a combination of fantasy, genius, intuition and originality. Learn how they live and work.
A short distance away from the impressive Piazza Pitti, where our tour starts, you will visit some of the extraordinary workshops where Florentine craftsmen still produce marvelous handicrafts such as engravings, art prints, marble paper, enamel and silver objects.
We will then walk through the charming Piazza Santo Spirito with its typical family restaurants, small shops and artists’ studios. In the magnificent Church of the Santo Spirito, together with the splendid architectural space designed by Brunelleschi, we can admire the only existing wooden sculpture of Michelangelo: a crucifix he carved at the age of only 17. To complete this unforgettable experience we stop by the atelier of a great Florentine artist, descendant of six generations of sculptors.
This studio is a magical place containing a vast wealth of moulds and forms, original models and copies of famous monuments, a place that will surely take your breath away and create a fabulous finale to a memorable experience!