Siena, Monteriggioni, San Gimignano and Pisa.
Along the line of the History, through the territory of Chianti, in the cities that are the symbol of Tuscan art worldwide, seduced by the beauty and flavor of this land.
Small Group – Luxury Day Trip from Florence
The Tour Includes
- English speaking Guide
- Qualified Driver
- Transport in Luxury Minivan
- Guided Wine and Food Tasting
- Chianti and Vernaccia vintages and typical products
- Typical Lunch, drinks included
- Duration: 11 hours
- Season: All year round
- When: Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
- Start Time: 08:30AM
- pick-up and drop-off at your hotel*
- Meeting point / Terminal: Central location in Florence (further details will be provided after booking).
Tour Code TH0043
180 € – Book Now !
Tuscan Jewels in 1 Day
*For those staying in hotels in the downtown.
What Makes this Tour Unique
- Take a trip through the most renowned Tuscan towns. Driving past vineyards and olive groves in the heart of the Chianti area, you will admire the picturesque Medieval cities such as Siena, Monteriggioni, San Gimignano and one of the most famous towns in the world – Pisa.
- A stop in a pleasant country estate where you will be served a lunch of typical Chianti products and offered a guided wine tasting session of a selection of fine Chianti and Vernaccia wines.
- After this trip you will be aware of the variety of incomparable artistic treasures offered by our country. All the places seen will be preserved in your mind as a permanent enrichment nobody can rob you of.
- 0 – 1 years old: 50% discount
- 2 – 8 years old: 30% discount
Be seduced by the eternal charm of the Tuscan art cities where the beauty of the monuments is linked with the rhythm of life that is still on a human scale and where every stone exudes centuries of history. Through the typical Tuscan countryside hilly territory we reach Siena, splendid medieval city, universally known for its artistic treasures that has been recognized by the UNESCO as a “heritage of the humanity”.
Once in Siena, we will visit the famous Piazza del Campo, with its particular “shell” shape. Here are the Palazzo Comunale (1298) flanked by the tall Torre del Mangia (1325) and where every year the famous “Palio” takes place. You may use your free time to visit the splendid Cathedral, one of the highest artistic expressions of the Middle Ages, and admire the splendid buildings and suggestive churches along the narrow lively streets.
From Siena, we will take a panoramic road and admire the vineyards and olive groves in the heart of the Chianti territory on our way to the ancient fortified hamlet of Monteriggioni, a small jewel built during the thirteenth century and embraced by its still intact walls. Take a walk within the restricted perimeter of the surrounding walls with eleven towers and discover a beautiful corner of Tuscany suspended in the Middle Ages.
A short distance away, in a pleasant country estate surrounded by aromatic plants, you will be served a lunch of typical Chianti products and a guided tasting a selection of fine Chianti and Vernaccia wines, managed with passion and expertise by the friendly owner of the farm. After lunch we leave the farm and at a short distance away we find San Gimignano, another beautiful town, UNESCO world heritage, famous for the still intact medieval town planning with the numerous and beautiful towers hence the name “Manhattan of the Middle Ages”. This town is also known for the “Vernaccia” wine, produced here. A stroll in the town centre means discovering true jewels of art, among which Piazza della Cisterna, the Dome, Palazzo del Podestà and the Church of Sant’ Agostino.
Another departure, this time to reach the famous town of Pisa, one of the most known worldwide, that is waiting for us with the sparkling sight of Piazza dei Miracoli, another UNESCO world heritage, where the peerless masterpieces in marble rise in the green lawn. The famous Leaning Tower, the magnificent Baptistery, the stunning Cathedral, and the Monumental Graveyard, maximum expressions of the Romanesque architecture of the twelfth and thirteenth centuries which house works of immense artistic value.
TASTING in SAN GIMIGNANO
- Vernaccia from San Gimignano DOCG
- Chianti DOCG, Chianti Classico DOCG
- Bartolomeo “Gold Medal” (Sangiovese and Cabernet sauvignon invecchiato in barriques)
- Baldassarre “Super Tuscan” (Sangiovese, merlot, cabernet sauvignon aged in barriques)
- Cavaliere “Super Tuscan” (Sangiovese, Merlot aged in barriques)
- Vinsanto with Cantuccini (Tuscan biscuits)
- Extra Virgin Oil with Tuscan Bread combined with typical Tuscan food as Tuscan cheese, Tuscan cold cuts, Bruschetta (bread with olive oil)
- Ribollita (typical Tuscan vegetable soup
- Lasagna (typical Tuscan pasta with meat)